Sunday, November 23, 2014

GIF & Reflection

    

      The most difficult part of the project was figuring out how to use Photoshop. Despite having a packet describing each tool, it was hard using the program firsthand, as there were so many tools with so many different uses. Something that I struggled with was using layers. Initially, I didn't realize that I needed to duplicate the layer I had just finished before moving on to the next layer, so I would have a different part of my symbol on each layer. As a result, I had to do a lot of duplicating and merging between layers to achieve my final result. Another frustrating aspect of Photoshop was that the undo button only allowed me to undo the last change that I made, but I found a way around that. Thinking back, was there an actual undo button...? If there was, I didn't find it, haha.
     After completing the project, I feel the most confident in using the eyedropper tool... At first, I didn't know the function of the eyedropper tool, so I would try to manually find the same color, which didn't work out very well. The eyedropper tool is really useful. I also feel confident in using the paintbrush tool because it's the tool that I used the most. I wanted to use the elliptical marquee tool, but when it didn't make the shapes that I had in mind, I decided to make them myself using the paintbrush tool. I also gained more experience in using the transformation tool, as I had to rotate the leaf and the toothbrush.
     I wish I was better at using the elliptical marquee tool. If I were better at using it, I probably would have been able to save some time, as I used the paintbrush tool for everything aside from the outline of the leaf on the frog's head. And although I said I was the most comfortable with using the paintbrush tool, I still find it hard to use sometimes. It's not very precise, and I would have to keep undoing or erasing parts of what I drew because it's not what I wanted it to look. Next time, I want to utilize more tools on the program so I will have more experience with each of them. 
     The next time I use Photoshop, I want to try editing a photo instead of creating something from scratch. I think it would be really interesting to see what I can do with a picture that I took, such as combining or layering it with another image, or drawing on top of it. Although Photoshop is hard to use, I'm looking forward to using more tools and trying new things out. Maybe after I get more used to Photoshop I will find the program less tedious to use. I was always interested in using the program, and it's cool that I get to try it out while creating my own files.
   I tried to convey the concept of nighttime. To do this, I had my frog brushing its teeth (thinking more about it now, I'm pretty sure frogs don't even have teeth... but it's okay, mine is a cartoon frog~) to show how we brush our teeth before we go to bed as a routine. I also emphasized a night sky, because brushing teeth can also be a part of the morning.

2 comments:

  1. aw this is adorable! i like the little leaf decoration on his head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the bubbles and the frog's belly moves towards the end of the gif. It makes the gif more interesting because it gives the frog more movement. PS really love the moving belly!

    ReplyDelete