Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Typefaces




This is an example of script, because it looks more handwritten.This is appropriate for wrapping paper because it is meant to be cute and festive. Found on wrapping paper.




This is an example of a modern font. You can see that the letters have a vertical axis. Additionally, the letters have varying thickness in lines. Found on a Barnes & Noble bag.


The "citrus burst" and "eureka lemon & key lime" typefaces are both decorative, as they are meant for a title, and it would be difficult to read a long text in those fonts. The typefaces were meant to attract others. The "sunkist" typeface is an example of slab serif, because there are serifs at the top or bottom of the letters. Found on packaging.


This is an example of a decorative typeface, as the "hot" stands out, and is meant to be decoration. It would be hard to read this font if it was smaller, or if it was written in a paper. Found in Potbelly.


The typeface on my friend's phone is decorative, as we typically don't see fonts that are in the shape of a square. It was also meant for decoration, but is also simple and easy to read. 


The typeface on these stickers is sans serif, because there are no serifs on the top or bottom of the letters. Each letter has the same thickness, and is also very easy to read. The font is simple, and makes the sticker stand out, along with the sparkly colors.



5 comments:

  1. I totally agree that the font use for wrapping paper is cute and adorable. I also agree that the Barnes & Noble is modern-style because there is thin/thick transition in the letters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your photos were very nice, I also like the explanation for the stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that you labelled everything correctly. However, some, I feel are arguable, like "citrus burst." I can see it as sans serif. I think you are also missing old style typeface.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These images are very nice. I like all the fonts that you chose. Which font do you like the most? I like the hot because it is very decorative.

    ReplyDelete